16 February, 2016

Beeffalo By Hotrocks

Beeffalo by Hotrocks has been on my radar already but didn't have a chance to go because it was hard to locate and not that accessible like the others in Marikina area. It's isolated and I think it was intended to be elusive to people and just waiting to be found by a hungry foodie. But I kid you not, despite its inaccessibility a lot of cars are still lined up on the sides of the road and I was surprised cause they already have their crowd.
My brother invited me to join him and her girlfriend to dine there. Well, timing is perfect and we didn't even realize it was Valentines Day, of course, I don't want to be the third-wheeler so I tagged along with my eating buddy Ralph. :) As there's no visible signage, we're also hesitant to go. It made us think that we're just crashing to someone's backyard until the guard confirms that we're on the right party place.
It's a backyard grilling-style that offers American, Italian and Filipino foods at the same time. They have varieties of steaks, ribs, wings, burgers and even pasta that you can choose from.
We opted to dine outdoors cause I don't want my steak to get greasy because of the air-conditioning. And hey this is not a double-date ok? It's just coincidence that it was V-day and we wanted to eat. Lol!
For starters. Roasted Pumpkin Soup. (P75) I love the smoky hint and thickness of it but it has too much oregano but still, the flavors come together well. I wanted to order another one but I'm saving up my tummy for the steaks.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup. (P150) Impressive as well. It made me wanted to switch my soup to my brother's.
Lemonade and Cucumber Lemonade (P65/95) Both drinks are so refreshing and it reminds me of my detoxifying water and it's also a great way to cleanse your palate.
Porter House Steak. (P395 for 250 grams) It's a hefty serving but not good for sharing as what others told. (Cause we just have a huge appetite. Lol.) The flavors are fine but not that mouth-watering.
T-Bone Steak. (P355 for 250 grams) It was a medium-rare grilled with salt and pepper only, perfectly combined with mashed potato and vegetable on the side. I was expecting for an A1-ish steak sauce though, but still, this steak won't disappoint you even without gravy or sauce.
The staff gave us this challenge, my brother and his girlfriend posted a picture of them with #Beefmyvalentine and they received a free white wine after. :)
Naaah! Didn't bother to do so.
The outdoor area by night was enticing enough to grab some beer.
Lambretta!
I love the laid-back ambiance of this place. The vintage stuff and old school motorcycles around the restaurant give a Dominic Torreto's backyard vibe. Their staffs are commendable too! But I'm not sure if I'll go back here, maybe I'll just try the Antipolo Branch and definitely try the ribs next time. 

Lot 6 Block 3 Gil Fernando Ave., Sto. NiƱo Marikina City
Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm